Our advanced computing solutions contribute to ICT innovations from IT infrastructure to manufacturing. From edge devices to cloud services, from data centers to device computing we can support a wide range of applications. We can provide solutions for applications using artificial intelligence searches and cutting-edge big data technologies wherever they are used.
By using our cutting-edge technology and our design expertise we are able to provide products in a timely manner which support the social infrastructure.
- Our V7 platform SoCs meet the diverse needs that are required for advanced processing in the IoT world
- High performance CPUs/GPUs and high extensibility ensures our low power consumption SoCs can realize environmentally friendly edge devices
- Ease of function extensions with high-speed, general-purpose interfaces
- Support for power saving functions, such as Wake-on-LAN and Suspend to RAM
- Our cloud solution achieves both high performance and low power consumption providing highly scalable cloud computing
- upport for large-scale data processing using 64-bit architecture
- Highly efficient scale with power saving, multi-core SoCs
- High speed interconnects scale computer clusters
SC2A11 – SynQuacer ARM® Core-Based High Efficiency Processor
Socionext’s Media Cloud solution is designed to provide a tenfold density improvement for video processing in the data center. The company aims to address the ever-increasing and compute-intensive mass consumption of high-quality video.
The Socionext MB86M30 chip, nicknamed “M30”, is a power-efficient and broadcast quality transcoder that is the building block for Socionext’s Media Cloud. The company offers a comprehensive MPEG2, AVC (H.264) and HEVC (H.265) tool kit for implementation of superior coding efficiency.
With Socionext’s video expertise and the partners server infrastructure expertise, the combined solutions are designed to solve the power, density, and quality necessary for a HEVC future proof transcoder.Inquiry about product details
MB86M30-based Hybrid Server
The Socionext M30 Media Cloud is capable of real-time transcoding up to 256 Bundles of AVC/ HEVC ABR (Adaptive Bit Rate) streams (for 1080p input). The transcoder handles all video-processing functions within a single chip, drastically reducing power consumption to as low as 1/10 of conventional systems built with standard servers. It supports encoding, decoding and transcoding of MPEG2, AVC/ H.264 and HEVC/ H.265 video and up to 8-channel audio with equal facility.
The hybrid model Socionext engineers adopted with server partners consists of 32 transcode ICs densely packed into a 1RU server, with traditional X86 CPU for Conductor and application management.
The server chassis can be customized to a specific vendor, with the standard supporting dual redundant power supplies, dual port 10 Gbe LAN and other features standard to data center servers.
Integration is a simple process as software porting is facilitated by a FFmpeg, GStreamer, or even customized plug-in. All the complexity of dealing with hardware is under the hood.
Socionext Media Cloud is a compact, low-power and cost-effective solution for processing large volume of media data for video systems and “Live” transcode broadcasting.
- Live broadcast transcoding
- Over the Top (OTT) distribution
- Live events and sports encoding
- Streaming Service Providers (SSPs)
- Television broadcast
- Education, government, and religious organizations
- Video conferencing systems