Advances in resolution from conventional full HD through 4K to 8K, together with an increase in audio quality, are driving the market in broadcasting and web content. At Socionext we develop leading-edge SoCs by combining the latest technologies. Technologies such as Codecs, AV processing and encoding/decoding in single-chip solutions supporting playback, display and protection of visual content. These products need to support a wide variety of audio and video formats and be able to offer the performance necessary to provide ‘a better quality of experience’.
Broadcasting standards vary from region to region and depending on the delivery mechanism used (terrestrial, satellite, cable), Socionext’s field-proven products support all required demodulation and error-correction technologies for worldwide deployment.
Socionext has developed "3D surround sound technology" for providing a sense of presence in the reproduced sound by making full use of spatial acoustics technology. When applied to gaming devices or digital signage equipment, this technology can enhance the sense of presence in the game or increase the effectiveness of signage advertisements, thereby making the sound reproduction with products using the technology more attractive.
This technology, which has already been used in game software products from famous manufacturers, has an extensive track record of selling in the market.
- Provides listeners an amazing sense of presence as if the sound source was close to their ears
- Controls the direction of the sound coming from the speakers with only the front speakers
- Requires no hardware modifications because you only need to play back sounds processed with a 3D sound authoring tool
The technology can be applied to a wide range of products, including gaming consoles for home-use, gaming devices, digital signage equipment, and arcade games.
Illustration of Use of Technology in Customer Environment
- You only need to process a sound object into a 3D sound object to obtain 3D surround sound effects
- We will provide a 3D sound authoring tool tuned to suit your reproduction equipment
Examples of Product Applications
Factsheet: Acoustics Software IP – 3D Surround Sound Solution
Size: 0.896 Megabyte | Date: 20.12.2017 10:20
SoC for 2K smart-TVs, featuring high performance CPU and GPU. Delivers low cost 2K TV solutions by integrating peripherals like DDR memory, TCON, and Ethernet PHY.
Features new HDR processing technology and other built-in video processing engines to deliver high picture quality.
- Suitable for high performance 2K/50p smart-TV solution
- Realized quickly responsive UI with high performance CPU (ARM® Cortex®-A53) and GPU
- Package: FBGA (23 x 23mm)
Balls: 487pins, 0.8mm pitch
- Power: 1.2/1.5/1.8/3.3V
- ARM® Cortex®-A53 x2
- Instruction/Data caches: 32/32-KB
- DDR3-1600 (ch0:16bit, ch1:16bit)
General purpose peripherals
- Timers x16 (16-bit x12, 8-bit x4)
- UART x4 (*maximum)
- SPI x2 (*maximum)
- I2C x2
- NAND flash x1 (SLC)
- eMMC x1 (Version5.0)
- USB: 2.0 x3-ports
- Ethernet: x1-port (10/100Mbps)
- Serial TS: In x3, In/ Out x2
- Parallel TS: In x2, Out x1
- Analog input: SCART x1, RGB/ YPbPr x3
- HDMI x4-ports (ver.1.4) *HDCP2.2
- MHL x1-port (ver.2.1) (shared pins with HDMI)
- LVDS (Dual link for 2K 50Hz)
- Analog input: LR x3
- Analog output: LR x2
- Digital input: I2S x1, SPDIF x1
- Digital output: I2S x1, SPDIF x1
- Original GPU (1Gpixel/s)
- OpenGL ES1.1/ 2.0 compliant
- 32-bit microcontroller
Integrated DTV Demodulator
- DVB-T2/S2/T/C (Supports CI/CI+)
Integrated high performance Multi-format Video Decoder supports (*1)
- MPEG-2 MP@HL
- MPEG-4 AVC (H.264 HP@L4.1)
- HEVC (H.265 MP@L4.1 8/10bit)
- VC-1 - DivX (HD, plusHD)
- JPEG (include Motion-JPEG)
Integrated Audio Processor supports (*1)
- MPEG-1 Layer 2/3
- MPEG-2 Layer 2/3
- MPEG-2 AAC (SBR)
- Dolby Digital (Plus)
- Dolby True HD
- WMA 8/9
- WMA pro
- FLAC - Apple Lossless
Integrated Video Processor
- Picture quality Adjustment for 2K pictures
*1: To use some of these formats, you may have to acquire a license or perform a software development. In addition, some combinations of audio/video formats may have a limitation to use. For details, please contact our service representative.
Factsheet: SC1405 – SoC for High Performance Smart TV System LD11E
Size: 0.249 Megabyte | Date: 20.12.2017 10:49
We have developed the World’s first* 8K HEVC real-time decoder LSI, “SC1400A”. It conforms to the standard “ITU-R BT.2073” for HEVC encoding of super-high definition satellite broadcasting in Japan, and realized single chip decoding of 8K 60p video.
It is equipped with one lane of PCI Express 2.0 (Gen2), and four channels of HDMI 2.0 Tx as external interfaces.
* As determined by our company study in March 2016.
- World’s first 8K/60p HEVC real-time decoder LSI for 8K TV solution(ITU-R BT.2073)
- One lane of PCI Express 2.0 (Gen2), and four channels of HDMI 2.0 Tx as external interfaces
- Using this decoder and our digital TV SoC makes it easy to develop 8K TV products
System Configuration [8K TV]
DDR3-1866 (32bit x4ch)
DDR3-1866 (32bit x3ch)
HEVC 8K/60p 10bit(4:2:0) ITU-R BT.2073 (4 Slice Format Encoding)