Most Advanced Network SoC Solutions — Meeting Growing Network Demand
Due to the proliferation of smart devices, expansion of cloud computing, increase in Internet distribution of 4K videos, and other technologies and services, network capacity demand is continuing to grow rapidly. Coherent optical data transmission at rates of 100Gbps and higher is the key underlying technology supporting capacity growth in core, Metro and data communications fiber-optic networks. Socionext provides IP and base technology for the most advanced digital coherent SoCs being deployed today.
While 100G optical networks are rapidly expanding, it is essential to carry out research and development to ensure the production of next-generation 400G and 1T (Terabit)optical networks. With over 40 years’ experience in developing custom SoCs, combined with specialist high-speed analog, mixed-signal and digital design, Socionext continues to design systems for current and future optical and wireless networks, including advanced IP for scaling from 100G to 1T data rates.
Wireless Communications, 4G/5G, Antennna Front-ends
- Advanced CMOS converter technology optimized for wireless communications
- Highly integrated SoCs with single- and multi-channel ADC/DAC
- Support for single-, multiple-, and MIMO antennas
- Signal processing on same die as converters
- Single-chip solution significantly reduces the number of devices
- Low power consumption, small footprint
- Our technology is integrated into state-of-the-art wireless communications and antenna front-end ASICs
- Socionext custom and network ASICs are used in a range of wireless communications environments
- Ideal for wireless communications in front- and back-hauling, 4G/5G, and antenna front-ends
|Click here for Wireless Support|
Advanced IP for Scaling from 100G to 1T data rates
We provide all the necessary analogue IP blocks, digital cells, memory blocks and standard interfaces to help systems developers implement their digital coherent DSP designs as full SoCs. Key IP hard-macros include high-performance, low-power, high-speed ADCs, DACs and SerDes to support systems using a variety of different modulation formats.
A range of optical line-side Baud rates is also supported to enable dedicated, low-power coherent Metro solutions as well as multi-mode coherent solutions. We also provide IP blocks for the realization of very low power direct detection SoCs based on DMT and PAM-4 modulation.
SoC Design Services
Back-end design including full ASIC physical implementation, DFT, package design, device qualification and manufacturing are all part of our service offering.
With many years of experience in delivering digital coherent SoCs, we have a strong track record in helping to deliver the right performance, power and flexibility in systems.
IP and Base Technology for the most Advanced Digital Coherent SoCs
Networking IP Portfolio for Leading Semiconductor Process Technologies
- Low-power, high-speed ADC
- Low-power, high-speed DAC
- Low-power High-speed VSR/MR/LR SerDes (1–56 Gb/s)
- Jitter Cleaning PLLs
- Temperature Sensor
ASSP (Application Specific Standard Product)
- 100G Discrete Multi-Tone (DMT) Transceiver
Large Scale, Small Size, and Low Power Consumption
Digital coherent LSIs are indispensable for increasing capacity but these carry with them the problems pf complexity of design, increased size of equipment, and greater power consumption. We have developed SoCs with large capacities, small sizes, and low power consumption through realization of 65nm, 60nm, 28nm, and further advanced technologies.
In addition, we provide not only SoCs, but also total solutions that include proven high-speed and large-pin-count package design, and verification.
|Click here for Networking Support|