Socionext is looking for ...
AMS IP Test & Application Engineer
The Socionext Evaluation Team in Maidenhead is working on leading edge technology AMS (Analog Mixed Signal) IPs for 5G and datacenter applications. The Team is looking for a talented, results-oriented individual to contribute to a growing team focused on design validation, testing and application engineering for our PLL, SerDes and Data Converters for 5G applications.
We are looking for an extremely motivated engineer who can work independently and enjoys electronics, software and deep-diving into the IP architecture, functionality and optimization and can actively contribute to the success of Socionext.
Pre-Silicon responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Build and develop validation test plans and test scenarios to prove the functionality of the design
- Analyzes and uses results to effectively report to the design team in order to trigger further design optimizations
Post-Silicon responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Conduct benchtop bring-up, debug and characterize the Socionext PLL, SerDes and Data Converters
- Write control and automation software for bring-up and characterization/testing of the IPs under test (using Matlab, Python and C++) against specifications
- Characterization of the IP over process, voltage and temperature understanding weaknesses and reporting them to the relevant stakeholders
- Working with test engineers to help to define production requirement and correlate ATE and bench test results
- Work with product applications engineer to provide accurate, timely, and quality response to customer technical support requests
- Set up, demonstrate and support Socionext product evaluation boards used by customers
- Be knowledgeable of competitor solutions and how Socionext products and solutions compare and contrast to them
- On-site support to debug and investigate technical issues, in addition to replication and debug of issues within Socionext labs
- Preparation of technical documentation (characterization report, application notes, white papers, FAQ’s, presentations, training material)
- Support Sales and Marketing teams through the development of presentations, demonstrations, and other materials. Develop remote demonstrations to support sales efforts
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science
- Good understanding of PLL, SerDes and Data Converters characteristics and how to test the datasheet parameters
- CMOS analog IC design knowledge is a plus
- Collaboration across teams is a key component of success at Socionext so we are looking for someone who is a team player and has a good written and verbal communication
- Good understanding of PCB schematics and layout for high-speed design. Knowledge of signal integrity and power integrity concepts
- Hands-on experience with lab equipment including digital multimeter, source meter, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, oscilloscope, power supply, VNA, etc
- Validation experience in Analogue Mixed Signal pre or post silicon domain
- Shows integrity and leadership with tasks in-hand. Relentlessly focus on delivering result once committed
- Ability to travel
- Good software skills would be beneficial:
- Matlab, Python, C++ and Git version control. Git CI (Continuous Integration)
- Understanding of signal processing
- Cadence tool suite for AMS design and simulation
- Knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout tools from Cadence
- Embedded Firmware and driver level software experience is a plus
No Agencies - Direct Applications Only.
We are ...
Socionext is a leading provider of next generation
System-on-Chip (SoC) solutions. Born from the system LSI businesses of
Fujitsu and Panasonic, Socionext was launched globally in March 2015.
Socionext Europe GmbH provides SoCs with
focus on optical networking applications, image processing and custom
SoC solutions for a variety of high-tech applications such as in the
areas of communications, automotive and industrial.
We are a dynamic high-tech enterprise, which focuses on product
development through the cooperation of several locations in Europe.
We offer ...
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation package: fixed salary & bonus. Other additional benefits: company pension plan, commuting allowance, bicycle leasing, and more.
- Flexible working: Hybrid Work. Flexible working at home or in the office. No core hours.
- Healthcare: Flu vaccinations. Allowance for workplace glasses as part of G37 preventive care.
- Perspective: Training offers & development plans.
- Organization: Flat hierarchies. Global cooperation. International workforce.