We are ...
Socionext is a leading provider of next generation System-on-Chip (SoC) solutions. Born from the system LSI businesses of Fujitsu and Panasonic, Socionext was launched globally in March 2015.
Socionext Europe GmbH provides SoCs with focus on optical networking applications, image processing and custom SoC solutions for a variety of high-tech applications such as in the areas of communications, automotive and industrial.
We are a dynamic high-tech enterprise, with over 250 employees, which focuses on product development through the cooperation of several locations in Europe.
We are looking for ...
We are currently looking to hire a Senior Application Engineer – Software, to join our team working across Europe. The successful candidate will join an established team.
The team support the validation and integration of embedded software required for various high performance analog ADC/DAC communications. Candidates must possess at least 10 years hands-on embedded software experience and good analog/digital electronics knowledge. Detailed Tasks:
- Embedded software validation:
- Software API definition and review
- Implementation of software validation environments (Matlab/Python/C/C++)
- Debugging of communications protocols over UART/SPI/I2C/Ethernet
- Software documentation and design review
- Embedded software customer support:
- Creating and maintaining Hardware DK (development kit) software and documentation
- Interfacing to customers of software integration requirements and implementation
- Available to travel worldwide to support customer on site software integration as required
- Qualified with a good degree in a scientific subject (Software Engineering, Electronics, Physics or related disciplines)
- Embedded C/C++ (required); ARM knowledge an advantage
- Matlab/Python (advantageous)
- Communications Systems knowledge (advantageous)
- Version control (Git/SVN)
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised as part of a larger team
We offer ...
- Total compensation packages with attractive extended benefits
- The advantages of working at a midsize company with regards to flexibility and knowing your co-workers
- Opportunities, programmes and benefits similar to those offered by much larger corporate groups
- Freedom to develop your own creativity
- Training opportunities and structured development paths
- An employee friendly corporate culture