We are ...
Socionext is a leading provider of next generation System-on-Chip (SoC) solutions. Born from the system LSI businesses of Fujitsu and Panasonic, Socionext was launched globally in March 2015.
Socionext Europe GmbH provides SoCs with focus on optical networking applications, image processing and custom SoC solutions for a variety of high-tech applications such as in the areas of communications, automotive and industrial.
We are a dynamic high-tech enterprise, which focuses on product development through the cooperation of several locations in Europe.
We are looking for ...
The Software Application Engineer will work closely with the Engineering team to develop a range of software to support the various Socionext products including the following: Customer facing Firmware to allow control and evolution of products based on Hardware Reference Kit, internally used debug software to aid investigation, Embedded software running on ARM core. She/He will work closely with colleagues from the following groups and will be involved from the start of a product development to the point of end of life: Product Marketing, Product Engineering, Test & Evaluation Engineering, Hardware Applications.
Provide input to other Teams regarding necessary software for IP or standalone product
- Includes providing engineering response to marketing requirements about software
- Feedback on necessary Hardware (e.g. speed of processor etc.) that needs to be implemented on Product or Reference Kit
- Feedback on how customer software would use product and highlight requirements such as remote software download etc.
Developing evaluation software (C / C++ / Python / Matlab) for analog IP
- Involves working closely with evolution team often developing external control loops to overcome issues found in Hardware
- Write Software application notes.
Develop embedded software that is part of product deliverables (ARM based)
- In this role application engineer will be working as part of the Product Engineering team to help develop a complete Hardware/Software based solution
- Work with product engineering to create customer facing product documentation (software section)
These skills would be required
- Embedded C/C++ using ARM (required)
- Version control Gitlab
- Jira / Confluence
- Good verbal and written communication skills (English required)
- Comfortable working in a leading edge environment with many unknowns
These skills would be a plus
- FPGA programming
- Understanding of controlling test boards via USB/Windows & GUI design
- Understanding of telecommunication principles
We offer ...
- Total compensation packages with attractive extended benefits
- The advantages of working at a midsize company with regards to flexibility and knowing your co-workers
- Opportunities, programmes and benefits similar to those offered by much larger corporate groups
- Freedom to develop your own creativity
- Training opportunities and structured development paths
- An employee friendly corporate culture