We are ...
Socionext is a leading provider of next generation System-on-Chip (SoC) solutions. Born from the system LSI businesses of Fujitsu and Panasonic, Socionext was launched globally in March 2015.
Socionext Europe GmbH provides SoCs with focus on optical networking applications, image processing and custom SoC solutions for a variety of high-tech applications such as in the areas of communications, automotive and industrial.
We are a dynamic high-tech enterprise, which focuses on product development through the cooperation of several locations in Europe.
We are looking for ...
Our “Milbeaut” image signal processors (ISP) are used in world leading still and video image solutions. We are currently looking for a software/ application engineer to join our Socionext team in Germany (Location: Langen or Neuried near Munich). In this role, you will become the technical expert for our ISP products and you will work directly with our European customers and our development teams in Japan and Germany.
- Provide pre- & post-sales customer support, including assistance on design, on-site optimization, troubleshooting and Q&A.
- Software development/Application support for our embedded system based Image Signal Processors.
- Develop understanding of customer's imaging products / technical interaction with customers.
- May develop applications notes, articles, and technical presentations for customer trainings.
These skills would be required
- Qualified to at least degree level or equivalent in Programming, Electronics or related disciplines. Recent graduates welcome.
- C/C++ programming on embedded systems. Open minded about C11/C++14.
- SW experience in Embedded Linux build environments e.g. Yocto.
- Knowledge of image sensors and the image signal processing (ISP) pipeline is a plus.
- Ideally background in computer vision and/or knowledge of semiconductor industry.
- Passion for imaging/photography preferred.
- Good people skills & an ability to work directly with customers.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Flexible attitude working in a leading edge environment with many unknowns.
- Good verbal and written communication skills (German and English required).
- Intercultural experience.
We offer ...
- Total compensation packages with attractive extended benefits
- The advantages of working at a midsize company with regards to flexibility and knowing your co-workers
- Opportunities, programmes and benefits similar to those offered by much larger corporate groups
- Freedom to develop your own creativity
- Training opportunities and structured development paths
- An employee friendly corporate culture