We are looking for ...
The Socionext Evaluation Team, based in Maidenhead, is working on leading edge technology AMS (Analogue Mixed Signal) IP for 5G and datacenter applications. The Team is looking for a Graduate that, with the assistance of a dedicated mentor, will work closely with analog designer engineers in the pre and post silicon phases to test the functionality and the performance of PLL, SerDes and Data Converters for 5G applications. We are looking for an extremely motivated engineer who: - is able to work independently - enjoys working with electronics, software and deep-diving into the IP architecture, functionality and optimization - can actively contribute to the success of Socionext
Pre-Silicon responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Build and develop validation test plans and test scenarios to prove the functionality of the design
- Analyse and use results to effectively report to the design team in order to trigger further design optimisation
Post-Silicon responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Conduct benchtop bring-up, debug and characterize the Socionext PLL, SerDes and Data Converters
- Write control and automation software for bring-up and characterisation/testing of the IPs under test (using Matlab, Python and C++) against specifications
- Characterization of the IP over process, voltage and temperature understanding weaknesses and reporting them to the relevant stakeholders
- Working with test engineers to help to define production requirement and correlate ATE and bench test results
Required Skills and Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science
- Good understanding of PLL, SerDes and Data Converters characteristics and how to test the datasheet parameters
- Collaboration across teams is a key component of success at Socionext so we are looking for someone who is a team player and has strong written and verbal communication
- Good understanding of PCB schematics and layout for high speed design
- Familiarity with wireline and RF radio architectures and components
- Hands-on experience with lab equipment including digital multimeter, source meter, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, oscilloscope, power supply, logic analyzer, BERT, etc
- Validation experience in Analogue Mixed Signal pre or post silicon domain
- Good software skills would be beneficial:
- Matlab, Python, C++ and Git version control. Git CI (Continuous Integration)
- Understanding of signal processing
- Cadence tool suite for AMS design and simulation
- Knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout tools from Cadence
We are ...
Socionext is a leading provider of next generation System-on-Chip (SoC) solutions. Born from the system LSI businesses of Fujitsu and Panasonic, Socionext was launched globally in March 2015.
Socionext Europe GmbH provides SoCs with focus on optical networking applications, image processing and custom SoC solutions for a variety of high-tech applications such as in the areas of communications, automotive and industrial.
We are a dynamic high-tech enterprise, which focuses on product development through the cooperation of several locations in Europe.
We offer ...
- Total compensation packages with attractive extended benefits
- The advantages of working at a midsize company with regards to flexibility and knowing your co-workers
- Opportunities, programmes and benefits similar to those offered by much larger corporate groups
- Freedom to develop your own creativity
- Training opportunities and structured development paths
- An employee friendly corporate culture