We are ...
Socionext is a leading provider of next generation System-on-Chip (SoC) solutions. Born from the system LSI businesses of Fujitsu and Panasonic, Socionext was launched globally in March 2015.
Socionext Europe GmbH provides SoCs with focus on optical networking applications, image processing and custom SoC solutions for a variety of high-tech applications such as in the areas of communications, automotive and industrial.
We are a dynamic high-tech enterprise, which focuses on product development through the cooperation of several locations in Europe.
We are looking for ...
Socionext offers a line-up ultralow power 24 and 60 GHz radar sensors designed to make it easy for manufacturers to add sophisticated sensing capabilities to their Security, IoT products, Smart Home devices, Automotive interieur radar sensing, and other applications.
We are currently looking for a Software/ Application Engineer to join our IoT & Smart Sensor team in Germany (Location: Langen near Frankfurt or Neuried near Munich). In this role, you will become a technical expert for our 24 and 60 GHz radar products and you will work directly with our European customers and act as interface to our Development and Marketing teams in Germany and Japan.
- Provide pre- & post-sales customer support for Socionext, including assistance on design, on-site optimization, troubleshooting and Q&A
- Enabling key customers to use our sensors in their target applications
- Software Development/ Application Support for our embedded system based 24 and 60 GHz radar sensors and development kits
- Developing understanding of customer's products and system requirements/ technical interaction with customers
- You may develop applications notes, articles, and technical presentations for customer trainings
- Qualified to at least degree level or equivalent in Programming, Electronics or related disciplines - recent graduates welcome
- Practical experience with technologies used in radar sensors and system know-how of IoT related products
- C/C++ programming on embedded systems based on real-time and/ or Linux Operating Systems
- Knowledge of Radio Frequency systems like Doppler-/ FMCW radar - antenna radiation patterns is a plus
- Preferably basic experience in Python, Matlab
- Ideally background in computer vision and/ or knowledge of semiconductor industry
- Good people skills & an ability to work directly with customers
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Flexible attitude working in a leading-edge environment with many unknowns
- Good verbal and written communication skills (German and English required)
- Intercultural experience
We offer ...
- Total compensation packages with attractive fringe benefits
- The advantages of a medium-sized company in terms of flexibility and manageability
- Offers, programs and services comparable with those of significantly larger corporate groups
- Freedom to develop your own creativity
- Training offers and structured development paths
- An employee-friendly corporate culture