We are ...
Socionext is a leading provider of next generation System-on-Chip (SoC) solutions. Born from the system LSI businesses of Fujitsu and Panasonic, Socionext was launched globally in March 2015.
Socionext Europe GmbH provides SoCs with focus on optical networking applications, image processing and custom SoC solutions for a variety of high-tech applications such as in the areas of communications, automotive and industrial.
We are a dynamic high-tech enterprise, with over 350 employees, which focuses on product development through the cooperation of several locations in Europe.
We are looking for ...
The team is responsible for design and development of high performance data converters and high speed IOs for our Communications Business Unit. Our most recent development is a world beating first CMOS 56Gs/s 8 bit ADC for 100G Ethernet and OUT-4 transport systems using coherent receivers.
Working for the Network SOC Division across Europe is the opportunity to:
- Be part of a highly dedicated team responsible for the development of a diverse range of leading edge products
- Stimulate your mind in a challenging design environment
- Be involved from project conception to volume manufacture in the design of high performance standard products and ASICS
In this position you will design, layout and perform signal integrity analysis to deliver bandwidths of over 30GHz across chip, package and PCB as well as Power Integrity for large gate count, high power requirements. Responsibilities will include:
- Performing IC-PKG-PCB co-design by defining silicon IO, Package and PCB requirements to ensure robust electrical performance.
- Perform layout of multi-layer BGAs using Cadence Allegro tools
- Perform EM modeling of IC, Package and PCB using state of the art simulation software (Ansoft HFSS, SiWave, Q3D,TPA)
- Support Test engineers to perform laboratory measurements and correlation with simulations.
- Develop methodologies to improve design and simulation flows as well as investigating latest EDA software.
- Qualified to at least degree level in Electronics or related disciplines
- Proven experience of signal integrity on package or high frequency PCBs
- Experienced user of Cadence Allegro design tools
- Good knowledge and understanding of signal and power integrity issues for high speed interfaces and mixed-signal devices.
- Experience in the use of EM modeling tools (i.e. Ansoft HFSS, SiWave, Q3D etc.)
- Spice simulations and modeling
- Ability to work with multiple teams including Test, IC design, Apps and Marketing as well as interfacing with colleagues in Japan and across Europe
- Good understanding of package development flows and technologies (e.g. Wirebond, Flipchip, SiP etc)
We offfer ...
- Total compensation packages with attractive extended benefits
- The advantages of working at a midsize company with regards to flexibility and knowing your co-workers
- Opportunities, programmes and benefits similar to those offered by much larger corporate groups
- Freedom to develop your own creativity
- Training opportunities and structured development paths
- An employee friendly corporate culture